Travelers Rest is a small city in Greenville County, South Carolina. It’s known for its historic homes and southern charm. There are plenty of attractions and activities to enjoy in Travelers Rest, whether you’re looking for a fun day trip or planning a weekend getaway with friends.
1. Copperhead Mountain Distillery
- What to Expect at the Distillery: The distillery has many different styles of liquor, including moonshine and whiskey. They also have a restaurant on-site that serves a variety of dishes inspired by Southern cuisine. Guests can tour their facilities and learn about the history of their products while enjoying live music or an outdoor concert during the summertime.
- History: The original owners of this facility used to be moonshiners who made whiskey during the Prohibition Era in South Carolina. They were so good at making it that local authorities often raided them for being too successful! These days they’ve gotten away with selling legal moonshine instead—but only because we love them so much around here (and because cops no longer hunt down illegal alcohol producers).
- Menu: We recommend starting with something like our famous fried pickles before moving onto main courses like fried chicken tacos or ribs with macaroni & cheese (yes please!). For dessert try some banana pudding topped with whipped cream; trust us when we say that it’s worth every calorie!
2. Eagle Mountain Vineyards & Winery
Eagle Mountain Vineyard and Winery is located in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. This winery has over 80 acres of grapes on the vineyard, which are used to make award-winning wines.
Some of the cool things you can do while at Eagle Mountain Vineyards & Winery include:
- Wine tasting: You can taste a variety of reds, whites, and dessert wines at no charge! There’s also a tasting room where you can purchase bottles to take home with you too.
- Wine tours: If you want to learn more about how wine is made or just learn more about this region’s history, then join their educational tour! Tours last about an hour and are offered daily except for Tuesdays between 12 pm – 3 pm (or by appointment). The cost ranges from $10-$20 per person depending on the day/time but includes both transportations from where ever you’re staying plus a tour guide that will tell all kinds of memorable stories along the way back home again–so don’t forget that bottle opener keychain either!
3. Beechwood Farms
Beechwood Farms is a family-owned and operated farm that offers activities for all ages, including a large playground, petting zoo, and farm store. They also have an on-site bakery where you can sample their delicious pastries. There’s plenty to do here—so much so that you may want to plan your visit around the different events they host throughout the year! One of those events is the annual “Festival of Lights” celebration held each December.
4. Country Antiques LLC
If you’re looking for antique stores in Travelers Rest, Country Antiques LLC is a good place to visit. It’s one of the best antique shops in the United States, and it has a wide variety of antiques. The owners are extremely knowledgeable about their products and they can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here at Country Antiques LLC, we’ve got all kinds of things! You’ll find everything from old books and records to furniture pieces that range from 200 years old up through modern times. Whether your tastes run more toward primitive-style items or contemporary ones; if it’s an antique piece then we probably have something here that will interest you! So come on down today!
5. Bunched Arrowhead Heritage Preserve
Bunched Arrowhead Heritage Preserve is a natural area in Travelers Rest that’s perfect for hiking or mountain biking. There are plenty of trails to choose from, with the longest one being four miles long. It also has a nature center and picnic area where you can take a break while exploring the trails. This preserve has something for everyone: fishing spots, hiking trails, and even an off-road mountain bike trail!
6. Wellborn Winery
If you’re looking for a great winery to visit, Wellborn Winery is the perfect place. They offer a variety of wines and wine tastings. Their facility is located in Travelers Rest, SC. Their large selection of wines includes popular varietals from California, Washington State, and Europe as well as some fine South Carolina selections. As you explore their excellent wine list, enjoy the beautiful views from their expansive tasting room that overlooks the Blue Ridge Mountains, or sip on your favorite glass by one of our fireplaces.
7. Crescent Mountain Vineyard
You can visit the winery during normal business hours. The winery also features wine tastings, which are offered every day, and the staff is happy to answer any questions you have about their wines.
There is a special event called “Grape Jam” that takes place on Saturday afternoons in the summertime. This event is free for anyone who wants to enjoy live music and food from local businesses while looking at beautiful views of Travelers Rest.
The Crescent Mountain Vineyard also has a Wine Club where you can purchase wines or become an owner of this beautiful vineyard! This club offers its members benefits such as discounts on wine purchases, invitations to special events at the vineyard (such as tastings), invitations to private tours of their facilities by owners themselves, and more exclusive perks than what other customers will receive when they buy their products; membership cards may not be issued until after your first order has been placed with them so that they know who belongs in each case!
8. Sunrift Adventures
As you zip through the treetops, you’ll have a bird’s-eye view of Travelers Rest. Sunrift Adventures is a great activity for families and groups of friends looking to spend some time together outside. It’s also open in winter, so if you’re visiting during those months, this is an excellent option!
9. The Tasting Room
The Tasting Room is a winery and tasting room that is located in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. It is a family-owned winery that was established in 2011. The Tasting Room has been voted one of the top ten best tasting rooms in America by Wine Enthusiast Magazine for three years running!
10. Carolina Honey Bee Company
Carolina Honey Bee Company is a family-owned honey producer, beekeeper, and artisan honey products company. They have been in operation since 2011 and are based out of Travelers Rest, SC. Their main goal is to educate and promote beekeeping as a hobby or career by offering classes, workshops, and demonstrations.
Their shop is located at 2201 Clemson Avenue in Travelers Rest, SC, and offers an assortment of sweet treats including:
- HONEYCOMB ART – This fun activity consists of creating a unique piece of art with honeycomb wax from the hive! You can either purchase our pre-packaged kits that include all the necessary materials (including paint brushes) or design your own using any size frame you’d like (up to 12×18). We will provide instructions on how to use this material so you can enjoy the process while learning something new.
- BEE POLLEN – Bee pollen contains essential vitamins, minerals & amino acids making it one of nature’s most nutritious foods! It has also been shown to help boost energy levels during times when we need extra support such as during cold/flu season or after having surgery due to its ability to boost immune function while providing loads of antioxidants!
11. Cherokee Valley Golf Club
Cherokee Valley Golf Club, the only golf course in Travelers Rest, is an 18-hole par 72 that measures 6,757 yards. Its design by Ron Garl opened back in 1985 and has since been home to several PGA events including the 1996 National Long Drive Championship. Today, it remains one of South Carolina’s top courses with a fee of $35-$65 depending on the time of year and includes a cart rental.
12. Charlie’s Southern Rustiques
Charlie’s Southern Rustiques is a unique store with a wide variety of items. You can find antiques, furniture, clothing, and other collectibles in this store. It is located at 17 South Main Street in downtown Travelers Rest.
13. JMG Ranch
The JMG Ranch is a working farm and family-run business. They offer guests the chance to explore their grounds, visit with friendly animals and take in some of the local histories while they’re at it.
The ranch is open to the public year-round, so you don’t have to worry about planning your trip around when they’re closed for the winter months! There are plenty of things to do here: horseback riding lessons (for both adults and kids), pony rides for kids, guided tours through fields where they grow vegetables and berries…and there’s even an apple orchard where you can pick your apples during certain times of the year! If you want something less active but still outdoorsy then go check out their petting zoo area or enjoy some time on their hiking trails!
14. Neil’s Fireworks
Neil’s Fireworks is a great place to buy fireworks, particularly if you’re looking for something more than sparklers and smoke bombs. They carry all kinds of fun things like Roman candles, missile-shaped rockets, and even some that light up the night sky with their colors. They also have a nice selection of professional-grade firework kits if you want to make your display at home.
The best thing about Neil’s Fireworks? They’re open year-round!
15. Quirky Palette Boutique
- Quirky Palette Boutique:
- Located at 106 N Main Street, Quirky Palette Boutique is open every day except Monday. Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, and they are closed on Sundays. The phone number is 864-895-0732.
16. The Barker Bar
The Barker Bar is a great place to stop for a drink and some food. They have an excellent selection of craft beer and wine, as well as a large, dog-friendly patio. Live music is featured on the weekends, so don’t be surprised if you hear music playing while you’re there!
17. Anytime Fitness Travelers Rest
This gym offers a variety of fitness classes, including yoga and spin. The rates are reasonable and they have a wide range of membership options.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30 am-8 pm; Sat 7 am-12 pm; Sun 8 am-1 pm
- Cost: $10/day or $60/month for unlimited use of cardio equipment and weights
Classes offered include both group exercise (spin) and individualized coaching (personal training). You can also find trainers on staff who offer small group personal training sessions as well as free weight circuits. There are also special Saturday morning classes like boot camp, boxing kickboxing, body sculpting mixed martial arts (MMA), and more! If you’re looking for something different from the usual gym workout then definitely give this place a shot.
18. ShowtimeXtreme Charters
- Canoeing and kayaking are available on the Saluda River.
- Guided fly fishing trips are also available.
- Guided horseback riding is an option in Travelers Rest.
- Hiking, mountain biking, and bird watching are also popular activities in this area of South Carolina.
Explore864 is a community-based tourism initiative that seeks to support and grow travel in the Travelers Rest area. They are a non-profit organization, volunteer-driven, and free for all visitors. The Explore864 committee was founded in 2016 as an extension of the community’s goal to increase travel in this beautiful part of South Carolina.
Explore864 strives to provide visitors with an authentic experience, by showcasing our local businesses and learning about our history through tours, events, and workshops. Visitors will find many things to do while visiting Travelers Rest!
Whether you are looking for a quiet vacation or an adventurous experience, Travelers Rest has something for everyone. The town has a rich history and offers plenty of activities to keep visitors busy throughout the year. Whether it’s golfing during spring and summer, exploring nature in fall, or wintertime skiing at ski resorts nearby (like Beech Mountain), there is always something new to discover. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!